Marie-Claude Bibeau
Hon. Marie-Claude Bibeau
Member of Parliament for Compton—Stanstead
Do your tax

Tax-filing season is there. Did you know that in order to benefit from direct government assistance, you must have filed your tax return?

Filing your tax return

It is essential to file your tax return and to be up to date on it to benefit from the Government of Canada's tax credits and programs.  You can do it directly online here:

Low- or fixed-income individuals may be eligible to use ‘File My Return Service’ which allows them to file their return by answering a few questions online. As a reminder, the one-time payments, for GST/HST credit and the one made to seniors receiving OAS, is tax-free and does not have to be reported. 

Tax Package

Paper tax kits are no longer available in post offices and pharmacies. They are now mailed directly to your home to all citizens who have completed their last paper tax declaration. 

If you have access to the Internet, we encourage you to file your tax return online. 

If you filed your paper return before last November, you do not need to order the new tax package. The CRA will mail it to you so that you can file your return by the deadline. Thank you for your patience and for supporting the CRA in its efforts to reduce paper waste. 

If you did not receive it, you can also order it online.

If you have not received your package and do not have access to the Internet, contact us at 819-347-2598. 

Compton-Stanstead Tax Clinics: 

The tax clinics are intended for low-income people who wish to have their tax returns completed at low cost by a team of volunteers trained by the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec.

Sherbrooke and Rock-Forest: Solutions Budget Plus, 819 562-8656 or [email protected].   Open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also open during lunch hour. Always without an appointment at 81 Wellington Street North.

Regional 👉Centre d'action bénévole de la MRC de Coaticook Centre d'Action Bénévole de Windsor et Région Centre d'Action Bénévole du Haut-Saint-François
In Quebec 👉
In Canada 👉


Tax Credits

Click here to access the table of all eligible deductions and tax credits and to find out what deductions and tax credits you can claim to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay. 


Canada Revenue Agency

If you have been paid by direct deposit or if you no longer have the original CERB cheque. You can pay:

  1. By sending a cheque or money order to the CRA:
  2. Make your payment payable to the "Receiver General for Canada".
  3. Indicate on the cheque that it is an "CERB reimbursement".
  4. Indicate the period of eligibility for the refund.
  5. Enter your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Temporary Identification Number (TIN).
  6. Send your payment to :

Service Canada

Pay online

Pay by credit card, PayPal, or Interac e-Transfer

Credit Card, PayPal, or Interac e-Transfer

Paying with a third-party service provider

Pay in person

Paying without a Canadian bank account

Pay by check

Main office - Sherbrooke
175 Queen Street Suite 204
Sherbrooke, Quebec
J1M 1K1


Show Map

Hill Office
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6


Show Map